What You Should Know:
– Vivante Health, the provider of GIThrive digital digestive health solution, has entered into a national distribution contract with United Healthcare (UHC), the largest health insurance company in the United States.
– The national distribution partnership allows Vivante Health to offer its digestive health solution to UHC customers, including large self-funded employers aiming to enhance their benefits programs.
– The agreement marks GIThrive as the first digestive health solution on the UHC Hub, a curated network of vendors simplifying the selection, purchase, and management of healthcare benefits.
Prevalence of Digestive Disorders
The partnership reflects a growing awareness of the prevalence of digestive disorders, which impact the quality of life, work productivity, and medical costs. Digestive issues affect nearly one in four Americans and are among the top healthcare expenses for many companies. As part of the UHC Hub, GIThrive aims to provide real-time care and personalized support to individuals suffering from digestive diseases, helping them regain their quality of life. GIThrive offers a range of virtual tools, including:
– food and symptom logs
– educational content
– evidence-based digital therapeutics
– 24/7 support from registered dietitians, health coaches, and nurses
Improvements In Their Digestive Symptoms
More than 90% of GIThrive users report improvements in their digestive symptoms, feeling 70% better on average after two to three months. Organizations offering GIThrive as an employee benefit report reduced digestive-related medical spend, increased medication adherence, and behavior modification, leading to fewer emergency room visits and inpatient admissions.